View: 24|Reply: 0

New England invested the 32nd overall selection in Harry

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show all posts |Read mode
."22 drafts in a row — the final 19 of which under Bill Belichick — the New England Patriots did not pick a wide receiver in the first round. Yesterday Byron Cowart Jersey Draft , this streak came to an end when the team made N’Keal Harry the 32nd overall selection of the draft’s 2019 version. Shortly after becoming the final player to hear his name called on day one, the Arizona State product made the media rounds to speak about his mindset.“I’m extremely excited. I’m just ecstatic to come in, work hard, constantly improve and just live up to the expectations.” said the 21-year-old in a conference call with New England reporters. Those expectations, of course, are high considering a) his status as a first-round draft selection, b) his outstanding three-year college career, and c) the Patriots’ current group of pass catchers following the retirement of All-World tight end Rob Gronkowski.However, the rookie sounds confident in his abilities to meet his expectations. “I just want to do my part to help win, whatever that is, whatever that looks like. I just want to come in and be one of those players that coach can rely on no matter what he tells me. That’s what I know is expected of me, and that’s what I’m ready for,” said Harry. “Whatever they need me to do or want me to do, I’ll get on it right away.”Given his skill set and projected role as a versatile X-receiver in New England’s system Byron Cowart NFL Jersey , the first thing he might be asked to do is expand his route tree compared to how it looked at ASU. Harry knows, however, that such a decision is not his to be made. “That’s not really up to me too much — it’s all on what the coaches want from me,” he pointed out. “I’m going to come in with the mindset of being very coachable. I’ve always been a very coachable player, just picking up on things very quickly.”Pats Pulpit recaps Day 1 of the DraftSubscribe to the Pats Pulpit podcast for more draft reactions!Harry also will have to quickly pick things up with his quarterback — noted perfectionist Tom Brady — as well. Again, however, the rookie appears to be looking forward to the challenge. “Just getting to play with a quarterback like Tom Brady — it really is a blessing. I couldn’t have a better start to my career because I know he is going to make me better, I know he’s going to hold me to a high standard, and I’m ready for that.” he told NFL Network.What also might help him be ready is his style of play and approach to the game. “I would describe my game as very passionate. I play with a lot of passion,” the 6’2 wideout said during his conference call with the New England media. “Whenever that ball is in the air, I’ll sacrifice anything to go get it and I’ll do whatever it takes to help the team win.”This attitude, Harry knows, has to extend beyond his own demeanor and towards his role on the team. “Anything Coach wants me to do, whether it’s on special teams Byron Cowart NFL Draft , offense, anything, I’ll do it just to do my part and to be one piece of the puzzle in helping us win,” he continued. Given New England’s affinity for players that are both versatile and passionate, it is ultimately unsurprising that Harry became the club’s first draft pick this year.Now all that is left for him to do is turn his words into action and become an impact player for the Patriots. The foundation in terms of attitude and skill set very much seems to be in place for that to happen. Mayo joined the Patriots’ staff this offseason."The New England Patriots’ coaching staff suffered some significant losses after the Super Bowl, especially on the defensive side: signal caller and linebackers coach Brian Flores left to join the Miami Dolphins, taking cornerbacks coach Josh Boyer with him. Defensive line coach Brendan Daly also jumped ship to take over a similar role with the Kansas City Chiefs. In the meantime, Greg Schiano came and went as the unit’s new coordinator.As part of this transformation, the Patriots looked outside the organization for reinforcements — and they found some in an old friend: Jerod Mayo, who was a key member of the team’s defense from 2008 until his sudden retirement in early 2016. Mayo, whose brother Deron is working for the Patriots as assistant strength and conditioning coach, will serve as New England’s inside linebackers coach moving forward.While the news of Mayo’s addition to the staff came as a surprise in late March, the 33-year-old always knew he would return to football eventually. “I always had the itch to get back into it, get back around the guys Byron Cowart Buffalo Bills Jersey ,” Mayo said during a media availability session ahead of the Patriots’ rookie minicamp. “It’s been going well [but] I wouldn’t say it’s something I always thought about: I always thought about playing football as a child, and now I have a whistle.”In a sense, Mayo is a rookie again himself considering that he did not take the usual way up the coaching ladder and start as a low-level assistant before getting promoted. Instead, he got a prominent role right away — as was the case after the team drafted him in the first round eleven years ago. And his vast experience of playing in the Patriots’ defense and calling the shots as the on-field communicator certainly helped him get his new gig.It is also something that should help him get comfortable in this role, despite some differences. “The lingo is different, at the same time the scheme is still pretty much the same,” Mayo said before acknowledging that the transition is still a big one. “It’s a huge jump. Middle linebacker — you have to know where everyone is. Now it’s like on the administrative side, also on the offensive side, what they’re doing. It’s a huge jump.”“It’s difficult but at the same time it’s an exciting challenge,” continued Mayo, who also pointed out that he is not the only one who needs to learn something new: the players and fellow coaches also need to be able to pick up the concepts and schemes the team keeps working on on a regular basis. “This is a game plan defense, they change each and every week, so everyone’s in the same boat as far as learning the defense.”For Mayo, however Infant Jacob Bailey Jersey , this process of learning should not pose too big of a challenge: he did play 111 games for the Patriots, after all, and maybe even more importantly brings the right mindset to the table. “I love football, love studying football, love being around the conversations. [...] I’m always motivated. I feel good where I am. My family, they were very supportive of the decision to come back.”The role Mayo’s family played in his coming back to the game in a rather active role — he pointed out that he did not expect the hours to be this long — cannot be understated. “That was the main thing: my kids, they’re good with it. My wife’s good with it. That was pretty much it for me,” said Mayo, also mentioning another selling point. “Anytime you get an opportunity to learn from the greatest head coach of all time, you’ve got to kind of jump on that opportunity.”Jump on it he did — and now, Mayo will play a role in shaping the Patriots’ fortunes once again.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register !login!

Points Rules

Our Facebook

IOS Download

Archive | Mobile | Dark room |

2019-06-19 21:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.575247 second(s), 19 queries .

ចូល​គណនី​តាម​ Facebook ​ដោយ​សុវត្ថិភាព​ត្រឹម​តែ​1​វិនាទី​ ។ ​លោក​អ្នក​​នឹង​អាច​ចូល​មេីល​អត្ថបទ​សំណេីច​ ហ្គេម​ និង​ភាព​យន្ត​ជា​ដេីម ​បាន​យ៉ាង​ច្រេីនថែម​ទៀតដោយសេរី។
Directly login by Facebook safely in one second. And you will see more jokes, games, movies and others.

Power by: 9zhuotech© 2013-2017

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list